- “SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicense_Title” “Shared game library”
- “SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicenseLocked_OwnerText” “Just so you know, your games are currently in use by %borrower%. Playing now will send %borrower% a notice that it’s time to quit.”
- “SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicenseLocked_BorrowerText” “This shared game is currently unavailable. Please try again later or buy this game for your own library.”
The code clearly hints at the possibility to lend games to friends, and reclaim them whenever suitable. Currently Steam games are tied to your account. You’re unable to trade it in, sell it or lend it like you could a physical console game, and certain PC games.
An entry in SteamWorks database suggest that Left 4 Dead 3 might be in development. A developer managed to force his way into the database and uncover the page, although he notes it has not been updated for several months.
“I brute forced it in a way, there were lots of interesting things I found. L4D3 was the most interesting although it hasn’t been updated in months so it may be dead.”
The user was subsequently banned from Steam.
The PC release date for both Joe Danger and Joe Danger 2: The Movie has been set to June 24th. The titles can be purchased through Steam and comes with support for Big Picture mode and gamepad control.
Users can also share levels they’ve created themselves via the built-in Steam Workshop functionality.
Blacklight Retribution‘s E3 trailer has been released, or leaked. Not sure which one of them. Anyway, the game is a free-to-play game slated for a release to the PS4. Chances are you have played the game already, especially considering it was released on Steam last year on April 3rd.
Daylight is an upcoming next-gen horror from Zombie Studios and ATLUS. The Unreal Engine 4 game will drop in 2014 to both PS4 and PC. Daylight begins with the player regaining consciousness in an abandon hospital with only a cell phone to use as a source of light.
The ominous atmosphere, powered by Unreal Engine 4 gives players the immediate feeling that they need to escape. But since each level is procedurally generated, no clues, haunted corridors, life-saving flares or lurking specter will ever be in the same place twice. Daylight was written by industry veteran Jessica Chobot, who also provides the quavering, terrified voice of the protagonist.
“Since showing off a pre-alpha build of Daylight at PAX East the attention on the project has grown tremendously! With the gained attention, we were approached with the opportunity to partner with ATLUS to help release Daylight worldwide on Steam and exclusively to the PlayStation 4 system,” said Jared Gerritzen, studio director, Zombie Studios. “ATLUS has a long history of great games and is an accomplished publisher with worldwide reach. Working with them will allow us to reach a global audience, so we’ll be able to scare even more people.”
For PS4-exclusive features below: Read More…
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will be coming to PC in late August. This edition is dubbed the “Ultimate Edition” and comes with various improvements. So what can we look forward to, then?
- New Features – The game’s ultimate edition features the original full-game alongside add-on content: Reverie and Resurrection. It also comes with 1080p HD graphics, and runs with 60 FPS on recommended settings. It also offers trophy support via Steam, and cloud saving.
- New Storyline – The game will come with a brand-new storyline, meeting classic characters and experiencing tangential side stories.
- New Weapons and Skills - Obstacles can be overcome using Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone platforming skills. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away obstacles.
- New Titan Battles - New behemoth sized enemies requires special attacks and cunning speed to beat.
- New Exploration – New areas have been added, including gothic ruins, dark castles, barren forests and frozen wastelands. There are many routes and hidden secret places that will aid Gabriel with items on his journey.
The game launches via Steam in Europe on August 27th and via retail on August 30th. A North American release date has not been confirmed, but it has been set to the summer.
DuckTales Remastered is heading to PC via multiple services this summer. You can purchase the game via Steam, Origin or via other PC download destinations this summer.
“Woo-hoo! You guys demanded it, so we’re unbelievably happy to announce that your most requested platform will indeed be receiving DuckTales: Remastered! Yep, Capcom’s heartwarming collaboration with Disney and WayForward will definitely be pogoing onto hard drives everywhere via Steam, Origin, Impulse, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming and numerous other places PC gamers download their wares.”
The PC version is priced at $14.99 and should launch along the same time as the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U versions. More information and showcasing, such as all-new remastered levels, will be revealed before E3 next week.
Dust: An Elysian Tail‘s Steam release has been set for May 24th. The animator and creator of the game, Dean Dodrill, took to Twitter to announce the release date. The 2D action platformer currently does not have a product page on Steam.
In reaction to the tweet, we also found they developers might be looking at a port to Linux and Mac in the future. The Xbox 360 version will be updated later on will all of the updates available in the PC-port.